InMusic24: Innovation in Music conference
Kristiania University College is proud to be hosting the next Innovation in Music conference in Oslo.
Conference dates: 14 - 16 June 2024
Venue: Kristiania University College, Department of Music, Chr. Krohgs gate 32, Oslo (Norway)
Have you tried THIS? Sharing the enthusiasm of new discovery
Have you ever had the bubbling feeling of joy from discovering a new approach, a piece of hardware, an instrument, a method or perspective, and then enthusiastically sharing your new discovery with your peers?
For Innovation in Music 2024, we want you to tap into the childish enthusiasm of sharing new discoveries, and present research on the things everyone should try!
For innovations to be spread and applied, both in music and otherwise, enthusiasm and the joy of discovery has always been key. Whether a new piece of hardware or the band you discovered at a surprise gig, organic marketing by ‘joyous dissemination’ has been a crucial success factor to countless innovations. On a personal level, asking our peers ‘have you tried this?’ activates the questioner’s enthusiasm for sharing, and the respondent’s curiosity. New discoveries keep us hungry to learn more about our field, expand our perspectives and eager to try new approaches.
Hence, we invite researchers, scholars, practitioners, and innovators to join us at InMusic 24 and ask; ‘have you tried THIS?’!
Dates and deadlines
- 01 October 2023 – Abstracts submission portal opens
- 01 January 2024 – Abstracts submission deadline
- 01 February 2024 – Authors notified of acceptance
- 01 May 2024 – Earlybird registration discount ends
- 14 June 2024 – Conference opens
- 01 August 2024 – Deadline for submitting full chapters
Conference committee, Oslo:
- Assistant Professor Claus Sohn Andersen – Kristiania University College
- Professor Tore Teigland – Kristiania University College
- Professor Anneli M. Drecker – Kristiania University College
- Associate Professor Audun Molde – Kristiania University College
- Assistant Professor Pål Erik Jensen – Kristiania University College (Technical Advisor)
Conference Committee, International:
- Professor Jan-Olof Gullö – Royal College of Music (KMH), Sweden
- Professor Justin Paterson – University of West London, UK
- Associate Professor Russ Hepworth-Sawyer – MOTTOsound & York St John University, UK
- Professor Rob Toulson – RT60 Ltd, UK
We will subsequently be confirming full conference details (including fees) on the conference website www.innovationinmusic.uk
For any other enquiries please email email@example.com