Master - Session-based
Experience-based Master in Cyber Security
This program emphasizes analysis and understanding of the cyber threats picture, and how to implement best practices and standards in industrial and organizational processes.
This degree is designed for professionals with relevant industry experience for the domain of modern cybersecurity. The program is offered with an emphasis on flexibility and can be taken as a part-time study. Therefore, it is well suited for a person with a full-time job while studying.
The content and progression in the courses allow students to join courses as session-based modules. The courses will have a variety of physical attendance and digital format with both mandatory and non-mandatory gatherings
The study program will cover the following directions of professional development, that students will be able to focus on the following areas within information security:
- Secure Software Development and Cloud: a tremendous amount of ICT and Operational Technology (OT) solutions have moved to Cloud, and a whole industry has changed the approach over the last decade.
- Operational Security: the vast number of interconnected devices create critical national infrastructure as well as end-user smart infrastructure.
- Incident Response: modern cyber security incidents management is not only about reactive Digital Forensics, yet maintaining the defence of the cyber-physical perimeter in an agile environment.
With this degree, you can:
- analyse the current state of the art in cyber security and develop own research projects
- critically analyse available cyber security solutions and refine their knowledge based on the existing theoretical frameworks and tools
- independently develop a project following NIST cyber security framework and relevant industrial standards
After completing the program, you will have gained advanced knowledge in the main fields of cyber security, understands modern toolkit and technologies used to protect information and infrastructure.
The goal of the program is to train future cyber security professionals and enhance previous knowledge in the field through flexible online learning and attractive pool of elective courses.
Upon completion, you will qualify for the following (but not limited to) the following positions:
- Police IT Services
- Cybersecurity consultant
- IT administrator
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Security Manager
- Incident Response analysts
With this degree, you will be able to work in the following domains connected to information security such that:
- Cloud Security
- Secure Software Development and Testing
- Cyber Threats Intelligence
- Penetration testing
- Security Operations
- Digital Forensics and Incident Response
Kristiania University College has the necessary competence and staff members with relevant qualifications and research portfolios to teach and supervise students in cyber security. A particular emphasis will be put on following the most up-to-date developments and industry standards in the field of information security to deliver the relevant knowledge and hands-on labs to our students.
The team involved in the program consists of well-recognized professionals in the area of cybersecurity with a wide range of experience in both industry and academia. Furthermore, the teaching staff has an extensive network of cooperation partners in the field, led EU funded projects in cyber security as well as gained internationally-recognized cybersecurity certifications.
Shalaginov has more than a decade of experience in cybersecurity, cybercrime investigation, intelligent malware detection and had served as a cybersecurity researcher for UNICRI on copyright-infringing websites detection and malware analysis.
Faculty staff accordion
The study will be intrinsically connected to the cyber security laboratory (Smart Security Lab, https://smartseclab.com/) and all research groups at the School of Economics, Innovation and Technology working in the corresponding domain (MOTEL, AISE and others).