- Høyskolen Kristiania
- For studenter
- Programbeskrivelser, emnebeskrivelser og pensum
- 2018 - 2020
- Master of Applied Computer Science: Software Integration (WSI)
- Interactive Technologies (MA230)
Interactive Technologies (MA230)
The aim of the course is to design, develop and evaluate interactive technologies with a focus on the enterprise context of use. Students will be immersed in a pedagogical experience that covers the full spectrum of design, development, use and evaluation of innovative and interactive enterprise technologies using smartphones, tablets, motion controllers, touch tables, and touch walls. Natural User Interfaces (NUI) will be a special focus of the course. Students will use state-of-the-art mobile eye-tracking solutions to evaluate the applications/products designed and developed.
- is able to demonstrate advanced knowledge of the aspects of and issues in Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) and Natural User Interfaces (NUI) and their role in software integration
- has thorough knowledge of the interactive systems lifecycle process (from envisioning to realization) with a focus on software integration
- can demonstrate thorough knowledge of the tools and technologies (e.g., SDKs, IDEs, smartphones, tablets, motion controllers, touch tables, and touch walls) required to create interactive technologies
- can apply important theories, models, and frameworks from human computer interaction, software engineering, and information systems towards design, development, and evaluation of interactive technologies
- is able to analyze and deal critically with the design principles and technical documentation for envisioning and realizing interactive enterprise technologies
- is able to analyze existing theories, methods and interpretations in the field of interactive technologies and work independently on practical and theoretical problems with (e.g., smartphones, tablets, motion controllers, touch tables, and touch walls) and their applications in both current and near-future organizational context
- is able to carry out an independent development of an interactive technologies project under supervision and in accordance with applicable norms for research ethics
- is able to apply his/her knowledge and skills in new areas in order to carry out advanced assignments and projects
- is able to analyze relevant academic, professional and research ethical problems with interactive technologies
- is able to communicate about academic issues, analyses and conclusions with regard to interactive technologies, both with specialists and the general public
- is able to contribute to new thinking and innovation processes using interactive technologies
Emnet inngår i
Master of Applied Computer Science
The course is structured in block mode for four weeks. The first two weeks will be a combination of lectures, in-class demonstrations, case studies, in-class presentations and lab work. Guest lectures will be organized on chosen topics. Students work in groups under supervision. The two last weeks are for self-study, project work and oral exam.
Lectures and student guidance: 48 hours
Self-study: 64 hours
Preparation for presentation/discussion in class: 25 hours
Assessment: 63 hours
Total: 200 hours
Eksamensdel: Skriftlig individuell hjemmeeksamen
Varighet: Tre uker
Gradering: Nasjonal karakterskala A - F (F er ikke bestått)
Vekting: 100 % av hel vurdering
Hjelpemidler: Alle hjelpemidler tillatt
See the learning outcome.
Updated information on textbooks and other teaching materials is published per programme on our online learning platform before the semester starts. Information is also available per application on our website.
In addition to literature and other teaching material, scheduled teaching and other scheduled learning activities are always part of the syllabus.